What is the Difference Difference between Factory Automation and Process Automation
Process automation consisting of:
1. continuous chemical processes with analog measurement signals and control,
2. part of the equipment and/or devices are located in explosive atmosphere,
3. relative slow response time,
4. typical measurements; temperature, pressure, Â‡ow, level,
5. typical actuators; pumps and control valves,
6. usage of PID control loops.
Factory automation consisting of:
1. discrete production with sequence of digital measurement signals,
2. relative fast response time,
3. typical measurements; on/oÂ¤, positions, valid/not valid,
4. typical actuators; magnetic valves, on/oÂ¤ motors,
5. usage of sequential control.