CloudFlare lunches Automatic IPv6 : Make your site compatible for IPv6 with a click

CloudFlare lunches Automatic IPv6 : Make your site compatible for IPv6 with a click

Today morning I received an email from Cloudflare team about the launch of “Cloudflare Automatic IPv6″. This service makes your website compatible with IPv6 network with one click, even if your main server is still running in old IPv4 network. You might ask why I need to make my site IPv6 compatible? I will quote the content of Cloudflare’s email. I hope this will make things clear and why you should be ready for IPv6.

Today about 1% of Internet surfers can’t get to your site. These surfers are on an IPv6-only network and their entire Internet universe consists of only about 6,000 websites. To put that in perspective, that’s like the Internet circa 1996. The other 99% of Internet surfers use the IPv4 network and can get to your site no problem since it running on IPv4 infrastructure. But the number of IPv4 addresses is running out, and the 1% of visitors on IPv6 will soon be 2% and eventually most new web surfers will only have IPv6. That means before long, if something doesn’t change, most surfers on the web won’t be able to see your site.

That seemed like a really gloomy outcome, so CloudFlare’s engineers have spent the last year working on a way to ensure every web visitor can get to your website. Our new Automatic IPv6 feature means that with one click, your site is accessible to both the IPv4 Internet and the IPv6 Internet as well.

You can enable IPv6 support for your website by going to : > My websites > Settings (pull down menu) > CloudFlare Settings > Automatic IPv6: on

After you have enabled this setting “on”, your website will be ready for IPv6 shortly.

You can check if your site is ready for IPv6 by going here . Learn more about IPv6 from here

Also check out our guide to speed up wordpress sites using cloudflare and other optimization process.


Nepallica was started by Pritush and regularly updates this blog, beside Nepallica he also contributes to Connect with on Google+

Leave a Reply

Notify of